GovTech builds key digital platforms and infrastructure to support Singapore’s Smart Nation initiatives. As one of Singapore’s Smart Nation Strategic National Projects, the National Digital Identity (NDI) ecosystem aims to provide convenience and security for citizens and businesses when they transact online. The NDI is a common and universal trust framework for public and private sectors to build value-added digital services.
Launched in October 2018, the NDI Developer and Partner Portal enables developers to experiment, build and test solutions quickly and securely. Developers can access NDI API specifications, use online tutorials to guide the development of applications or use the sandbox to visualise new customer journeys. The portal also allows businesses with valid CorpPass accounts to submit link-up requests for selected APIs, and on-board business use cases.
The API library includes:
- Verified data from authoritative sources e.g. MyInfo personal data platform
- Brings greater convenience to residents by pre-filing online forms with government-verified data, reducing the need to submit supporting documents for online transactions
- Improves data quality which in turn increases business efficiency when verifying customers
- A National Certificate Authority (NCA) will issue each resident a unique digital identity
- Provides authentication services for both public and private sector digital services
- Will be built on Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) cryptographic security techniques
- Puts in place legislative guidelines, technical references, operating models and cybersecurity standards consistent with industry and international practices
- Supports open and federated access, consisting of government, private or commercial Authentication Service Providers (ASPs)
- Facilitate development of new opportunities or value-added services, leveraging trusted data, trusted identity and trusted access, for better business efficiencies and more intuitive user experience e.g. Digital signing, which will allow businesses to create, sign and validate contracts more efficiently and securely
If you are a business owner or interested to integrate your apps with National Digital Identity, please visit NDI-API.gov.sg today!