The Cyber Security Group (CSG), established as a capability centre at GovTech, drives a holistic and sustainable whole-of-government (WOG) approach that delivers innovative and forward-thinking cybersecurity capabilities, with a mandate to safeguard Singapore government’s ICT&SS (Smart Systems) and enable Singapore to be a safe and secure Smart Nation.
To achieve this, we deliver a full spectrum of technical and operational capabilities to counteract evolving cyber threats and implement policies and initiatives that strengthen the cybersecurity posture of government agencies in a manner that is sustainable, pragmatic, and effective.
We work with both the owners of whole-of-government and Smart Nation Programmes to implement secure architectures, and the Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) in agencies to provide cybersecurity governance and technical guidance.
Our responsibilities span the following:
- Government Cybersecurity Strategy and Policy – Develops CSG strategy and establish cybersecurity governance policies, standards and guidelines for WOG
- Government Cybersecurity Consulting – Provides cybersecurity advisories such as risk assessment and ensures policy implementation for Government projects
- Government Cybersecurity Defence – Strengthens blue-teaming capabilities through conducting threat detection and incident response to protect Government digital systems
- Advanced Cybersecurity Capabilities – Strengthens the Government’s cybersecurity capabilities through red-teaming, product development and cybersecurity competency training
We safeguard our country from heightened cyber threats made against government agencies globally, by:
- Enhancing cybersecurity defence capabilities in the Singapore government, including the management of security incidents in its Government IT Security Incident Response Team and the development of a new cybersquatting tool to monitor the web for new websites with similar domain names and content to those of our agencies.
- Building cybersecurity capacity and advanced engineering in WOG, such as the development of a common Government Trust-based Architecture framework, and security testing for COVID-19 projects against compressed timelines.
- Developing talent and engaging the communities through participation in international competitions, launch of exchange programme among Government Chief Information Security Officers and organisation of hackathons.
We engage with the larger cybersecurity ecosystem and forge industry partnerships to augment government capabilities. We actively collaborate with external partners to train our cybersecurity specialists and conduct research and development for cyber projects.
We also work with the members of the public through Vulnerability Disclosure Programmes and Government Bug Bounty Programme to encourage responsible reporting of suspected vulnerabilities and weaknesses in the government systems.
Follow our Medium blog, where we share tips and tricks on cybersecurity: https://medium.com/csg-govtech
Here are some of the roles we are hiring for:
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Cybersecurity Engineer
- Cybersecurity Policy Developer
- Red Team Engineer
Check out our available jobs here.