Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
The Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Division (DSAID) was established as a capability centre to enable GovTech and the whole-of-government (WOG) to formulate effective policies and deliver citizen-centric services through data-driven insights and decision-making. This will allow evidence-based policy making, enhanced productivity in public service provision and better targeted services to meet citizens’ needs.
We work with government agencies in using data science and artificial intelligence to improve policy outcomes, service delivery and operational efficiency, as well as build intelligent platforms to add value to the work of partner agencies.
We support agencies in building in-house data science expertise, formulating data strategies and setting up the necessary data infrastructure.
We are organised into five teams - Quantitative Strategy, Capability Development, Artificial Intelligence (AI) Platforms, Video Analytics and Data Engineering – that work in a fast-paced and an outcome-driven manner. We are driven by the “so what” and make sure that our findings and models can be translated into tangible impact. We start small and move fast; if a product works, we would scale them. If not, we would examine what could have gone wrong and what could be done better next time.
Working in evolving tech fields requires our teams to learn continuously about new architectures, frameworks, technologies and languages, as well as draw from the deep domain knowledge of partners and best practices from our community of experts.
DSAID has been instrumental in supporting WOG digital transformation and delivering #techforpublicgood, specifically through:
- Government agency DSAI consultancy projects
- Incubation of AI tech solutions such as Vigilant Gantry, an automated temperature screening access control system that also interfaces with face recognition for identification, and a WOG ‘super’ virtual assistant, VICA
- Development and deployment of data-driven products and WOG platforms such as a central and secure data exploitation platform
- Empower public officers and agencies to be more data-driven, through building up a strong data community and spearheading data training, bootcamps, and competitions.
Follow our Medium blog, where we share on our Data Science and AI work: https://medium.com/dsaid-govtech
Here are some of the roles we are hiring for:
- Data Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Quantitative Analyst
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Engineer
Check out our available jobs here.