Application Design, Development & Deployment
The Application Design, Development & Deployment capability centre, anchored by the Government Digital Services (GDS) division at GovTech, delivers citizen-centric solutions and creates a strong design and software engineering foundation within the public service. It ensures the deployment of well-designed and modern digital services and applications architecture, using the latest technology and methodologies (such as Agile, user experience design, quality engineering, DevOps and reusable digital services). Our centre supports the government to continuously improve, integrate and deploy human-centric digital services to our citizens while ensuring that these services are scalable, resilient and reusable.
GDS upholds excellence by:
- Designing for users: We engage citizens, listen to feedback regularly, and iteratively test products to understand users’ pain points and enhance their products.
- Engineering with care: We build tech to last, investing in maintainable systems and clean code. From inception to delivery, we accelerate the process with open source libraries, modern technologies, CI/CD (continuous integration and continuous delivery) and DevOps practices.
- Building inclusive products, inclusive teams: We build for everybody and prioritise accessibility. Inclusive products start with inclusive teams, so we believe in creating a supportive environment where every individual can flourish.
- Going far, together: We are ambitious: not just wanting to build great products, but to make a lasting impact on how the government builds products. We have built trust and relationships with agencies to improve digital capabilities across the government.
We strive to solve big problems by asking big questions. This has enabled us to deliver #TechforPublicGood in an Agile, Bold and Collaborative manner; our contributions include:
- Helping Singapore curb the spread of COVID-19 with the development of TraceTogether, MaskGoWhere and FluGoWhere.
- Making it easier for entrepreneurs to start businesses with a one-stop portal GoBusiness Licensing.
- Preventing fraud in education credentials by enabling educational institutions to issue digital certificates via OpenCerts.
- Facilitating inter-agency collaboration through APEX (Application Programming interface EXchange), a secure catalogue of all APIs across the government.
Find out more about GDS:
Here are some of the roles we are hiring for:
- Software Engineer
- DevOps Engineer
- Quality Engineer
- Delivery Manager
- UX Designer
Check out our available jobs here.