The e-Government Perception Survey on Businesses is conducted annually by the Government Technology Agency of Singapore (GovTech) to determine the level of adoption and satisfaction for e-Government electronic services targeted at the business community.
The survey was conducted from May to June 2012 for the reporting period of FY2011 (i.e. 1 April 2011 to 31 March 2012).
The survey aims to determine the frequency of obtaining information and/or performing transactions with the Government and the level of satisfaction with regards to the EnterpriseOne website (www.enterpriseone.gov.sg) and Government e-Services.
1,616 businesses, representative of the Singapore’s industry sectors were surveyed. The industries were:
- Community, Social & Personal Services,
- Financial & Business Services,
- Manufacturing, and
- Transportation, Storage & Communications.
- Data collection was done through telephone interviews.
8 out of 10 businesses (80%) obtained information from the Government in the past 12 months.
Almost all of the businesses (99%) that obtained information from the Government did so electronically (via the Internet, automated kiosks, email, telephone via the Interactive Voice Recognition System, SMS, etc.), at least once in the past 12 months.
The number of businesses that were satisfied with:
- the overall quality of Government electronic services increased from 88% in FY2010 to 90% in FY2011.
- the overall support provided for electronic services usage also increased from 83% in FY2010 to 88% in FY2011.
8 out of 10 businesses that had visited the EnterpriseOne website, https://business.gov.sg or www.enterpriseone.gov.sg, were satisfied with the overall quality of the website. This has remained fairly consistent with the past years’ result.