Annual Digital Government Perception Survey (Business) Conducted in 2014
The e-Government Perception Survey on Businesses is conducted annually by the Ministry of Finance and the Government Technology Agency of Singapore (GovTech) to assess the level of receptivity towards key e-government initiatives and to identify areas for further improvement on the electronic services (e-services) used by the business community.
The survey was conducted from July to August 2014 for the reporting period of FY2013 (i.e. 1 April 2013 to 31 March 2014).
The survey aims to determine the level of satisfaction in using Government websites and e-services and identify area for improvements.
1,600 businesses, representative of the following Singapore’s industry sectors were surveyed.
- Community, Social & Personal Services;
- Financial & Business Services;
- Manufacturing; and
- Transportation, Storage & Communications.
- Data collection was done through telephone interviews.
Almost all the businesses (99%) visited the Government websites in the past 12 months of the financial year. More than 80% of the businesses were satisfied with the usefulness and the ease of finding & understanding the information provided on the Government websites.
97% of businesses, who have visited Government websites, have transacted with the Government online using e-services in the past 12 months of the financial year. The remaining 3% who did not transact online using Government e-services mostly indicated they did not see the need or they preferred human contact in completing their transaction.
More than 9 out of 10 (93%) businesses were satisfied (rating of 4 and above – out of a scale of 6) with the overall quality of Government e-services, while 64% were very satisfied (rating of 5 and above – out of scale of 6). The satisfaction with the overall quality of the Government e-services has improved over the years.
More than 90% of the respondents were satisfied with the ease of completing transactions online and the adequacy of the information provided for using the Government e-services. While 81% of them were satisfied with the support provided for using these e-services.https://www.tech.gov.sg/digital-government-perception-survey-business-2014