The e-Government Perception Survey on Businesses is conducted annually by the Ministry of Finance and the Government Technology Agency of Singapore (GovTech) to assess the level of receptivity towards key e-government initiatives and to identify areas for further improvement on the electronic services (e-services) used by the business community.
The survey was conducted from June to July 2016 for the reporting period of FY2015 (i.e. 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016).
The survey aims to determine the level of satisfaction in using Government websites and e-services and identify area for improvements.
1,601 businesses, representative of the following Singapore’s industry sectors were surveyed.
- Community, Social & Personal Services;
- Financial & Business Services;
- Manufacturing; and
- Transportation, Storage & Communications.
Data collection was done through telephone interviews.
Almost all the businesses (99%) visited the Government websites in the past 12 months of the financial year. More than 90% of these businesses were satisfied (rating of 4 and above – out of a scale of 6) with the overall quality of information provided on the Government websites.
96% of businesses, who have visited Government websites, have transacted with the Government online using e-services in the past 12 months of the financial year. The remaining 4% who did not transact online using Government e-services mostly indicated they did not see the need or the job was outsourced to vendors to transact on their behalf.
9 out of 10 (94%) businesses were satisfied (rating of 4 and above – out of a scale of 6) with the overall quality of Government e-services, while 68% were very satisfied (rating of 5 and above – out of scale of 6).
More than 90% of the respondents were satisfied (rating of 4 and above – out of a scale of 6) with the ease of completing transactions online and the adequacy of the information/instructions provided for using the Government e-services. While 86% of them were satisfied with the support provided for using these e-services.