Annual Digital Government Perception Survey (Citizen) Conducted in 2014
The e-Government Customer Perception Survey is conducted annually by the Ministry of Finance and the Government Technology Agency of Singapore (GovTech) to assess the level of receptivity towards key e-government initiatives used; and to identify areas for further improvement on the electronic services (e-services) used by the general public.
The survey was conducted in July 2014 for the reporting period of FY2013 (i.e. 1 April 2013 to 31 March 2014).
The survey aims to determine the level of satisfaction in using Government websites and e-services and identify area for improvement.
1,201 respondents, comprising representatives of the total demographic population above the age of 19, were surveyed. Data collection was done via face-to-face interviews.
8 out of 10 (82%) respondents visited the Government websites in the past 12 months of the financial year. More than 90% of the respondents were satisfied with the usefulness and the ease of finding & understanding the information provided on the Government websites.
9 out of 10 (91%) respondents, who have visited Government websites, have transacted with the Government online using e-services in the past 12 months of the financial year. The remaining 9% who did not transact online using Government e-services mostly indicated they did not find the need or they preferred human contact in completing their transaction.
More than 9 out of 10 users (98%) were satisfied (rating of 4 and above – out of a scale of 6) with the overall quality of Government e-services, while 74% were very satisfied (rating of 5 and above – out of a scale of 6). The satisfaction with the overall quality of the Government e-services has improved over the years.
More than 90% of the respondents were satisfied with the ease of completing the transactions and the adequacy of the information/instructions and support provided for using the Government e-services.https://www.tech.gov.sg/digital-government-perception-survey-citizen-2014