The e-Government Customer Perception Survey is conducted annually by the Ministry of Finance and the Government Technology Agency of Singapore (GovTech) to assess the level of receptivity towards key e-government initiatives used; and to identify areas for further improvement on the electronic services (e-services) used by the general public.
The survey was conducted from July to August 2015 for the reporting period of FY2014 (i.e. 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2015).
The survey aims to determine the level of satisfaction in using Government websites and e-services and identify area for improvement.
1,200 respondents, comprising representatives of the total demographic population above the age of 19, were surveyed. Data collection was done via face-to-face interviews.
Almost 8 out of 10 (79%) respondents visited the Government websites in the past 12 months of the financial year. More than 90% of the respondents who visited Government websites were satisfied (rating of 4 and above – out of a scale of 6) with the usefulness and the ease of finding & understanding the information provided on the websites.
9 out of 10 (90%) respondents, who have visited Government websites, have transacted with the Government online using e-services in the past 12 months of the financial year. The remaining 10% who did not transact online using Government e-services mostly indicated they did not find the need or they preferred human contact in completing their transaction.
9 out of 10 users (97%) were satisfied (rating of 4 and above – out of a scale of 6) with the overall quality of Government e-services, while 73% were very satisfied (rating of 5 and above – out of a scale of 6). The satisfaction with the overall quality of the Government e-services has generally stabilised over the last three years.
More than 90% of the respondents were satisfied (rating of 4 and above – out of a scale of 6) with the ease of completing the transactions and the adequacy of the information/instructions and support provided for using the Government e-services.